Go Pro Camera Review – The Go Pro HD Naked Hero
If you are into action sports, are on a budget, and demand excellence, then the Go Pro HD Naked Hero Camera will be a worthwhile investment. The Team at Go Pro has used cutting-edge technology in this model, designing a new sensor that offers 1080P high-definition resolution that also doesn’t impact low – light performance.
The Go Pro HD Naked Hero Camera offers new features, performances, and technology that few other rivals are able to match. As a result, this little HD monster has become the most popular consumer sports camera today.
Quick Summary: Vibrant image quality, high ease of use, and various mounting capabilities make this quite a spectacular camera! And the best part is that GoPro has just dropped the price of this camera over 25% on their site, make sure to check out the go pro sale if you are looking to get one as I wasn’t lucky enough to pay that low of the price for mine.
Main Specs To Know:
- Resolution: 5 Megapixel camera with HD video capabilities
- Lens System: Wide-angle lens, Aperture F/2.8
Go Pro HD Resolution For a Reasonable Price:
The Go Pro HD Hero camera captures professional video in four different HD resolutions and one standard resolution for ultra slow-motion capabilities. Each filming mode allows you to capture the best angles for any given activity:
- 1080p (1920 X 1080, 30PFS): 30 frames per second. This is Go Pro’s full HD and is its highest resolution.
- 960p (1280 X 960, 30FPS): This mode offers the most vertical viewing area of all resolution. For this reason, this video resolution is great for mounting on a body, helmet, surfboard, or chest harness.
- 720p (1280 X 960, 60PFS + 30FPS): in 30 and 60 frames per seconds (fps). This is great for ultra slow motion playback
- 720p (1280 X 720): This resolution is perfect for when a very wide angle is desired but vertical viewing area is not as important.
- WVGA (848X480):16:9 Wide Angle Standard Definition Video. Suggested use is when smaller file size and highest frame rate is desired.
**Note: The wide-angle lens offers a 170 º wide field of view (FOV) degree viewing angle in all modes except 1080p. In 1080p mode, you get 127 º medium FOV viewing angle; which is still great!
Basic Features + Functions of Go Pro HD Hero
- Status LCD Screen
- Power/Mode button
- LED Light
- HDTV Out Port
- Hero BUS Port
- USB Port
- Combo TV/Audio Out
- Battery Door
- Shutter/Select Button
- 10. SD Card Slot
Ease of Use:
Outwardly the Go Pro HD is very similar to the last-generations HD Hero 960 model. As with its predecessor, the Go Pro HD uses the same basic features to power up, change video resolution, and change exposure settings. Despite not having a LCD screen on the back, The Go Pro is remarkably easy to use because of its simple nature.
It is as simple as this: quickly press the power/mode button to turn the camera on. The camera will then beep 3 times, indicating it is on. Next, pressing the shutter button will start and stop the video recording.
- Go Pro provides one rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- The battery lasts for 2.5 hours of constant recording and from my experiences, the entire day if you pause the recording in-between scenes
Average recording time w/ 32 gb SD card:
- 1080p30: 4 hours
- 960p30: 6 hours
- 720p60: 4 hours
- 720p30: 6 hours
- WVGA 120: 4.5 hours
- 48 kHz, AAC compression, auto gain control
- Microphone: Built-in
- Resolutions: 5 MP
- Capture Modes:
- Never miss a shot with Go Pro’s single shot, triple shot, or self timer selections
- HD Hero Capture Mode shoots at 2 / 5 / 10 / 30/ and 60 second intervals
Go Pro Picture Quality:
- The Go Pro HD represents a significant ugrade to the action sports video camera market that few other rivals can match
- Video quality is superb in all of the modes and allows you to get some epic hd POV shots
- Various mounts allows you to capture new creative angles
- 5 mega-pixel stills are very good quality
- The mounting options are limitless
- Decent build quality and compact size
- It is one of the most versatile little gadgets for active users
- It may be hard to hear live-mode beep letting you know the camera is on if you have a helmet on
- No stock LCD screen. If you have to have a screen go pro sells a cool detachable lcd bac pac that works with the water housing.
- Status LCD Screen on the front brings you back to the 80s, but it is easy to use.
Think about all the possibilities with this action camera! If you are looking for the best wearable camera in the $250 or less price range, then look no further than gopro hd. It rivals point in shoot cameras and it comes with a one-year warranty and a plethora of modulation options for mounting. Don’t forget, you can also take it under water! This camera provides pure enjoyment right out of the box.